This training course teaches how to adapt your yoga class and offer safe and effective variations for every body. Cultivating compassion, comfort and support to create an accessible yoga practice for those living with special needs and/or disabilities. Yoga is an all inclusive activity, accessible to all, all are welcome.
This training is designed for:
- Movement Educators
- Social Workers
- School and Camp Counselors
- Yoga Teachers
- Anyone who works with those living with disabilities and/or special needs on a regular basis
This training explores and teaches:
- Benefits of Yoga for All Abilities
- Physiological Exploration, the brain, the Vagus Nerve
- Difference abilities you may see in your classroom
- Making yoga accessible to all
- Emotional Intelligence
- Asana variations, sequencing and theming your class
- Use of affirmations and meditation for all abilities
- Clarity on communication
- Promoting safe movement and body awareness
- Props and tools for supporting yoga movement variations
- Yoga Philosophy and its application to modern day life
- Self Regulation Tools
- Teaching Methodology
- Classroom Management
- Bonus tips and tools for leading an inspiring and powerful class
After completion of this course, students will have an understanding of how to make their yoga class accessible to everyone who comes into their class. Students will have the tools to offer movement variations and be able to safely and effectively support their students during yoga sequences and offer self-regulation tools, teaching their students tools for life.
- Prerequisite: YFL Foundations
- All students will receive a certificate of completion after teaching a sample all abilities yoga class observed and approved by Ziya and Jacky.
- Yoga Teachers registered under Yoga Alliance may receive 25 CEU credits.
- Teaching position with YFL may be considered after completion of training, but is not guaranteed.
- All graduates are welcomed into your YFL Training Facebook group to stay connected, ask questions, get support from Jacky, Ziya and other YFL graduates.